MADE WITH OUR FAMOUS PORK CHOP
Recipe developed by Celebrity Chef Rick Moonen, Perry’s Master Development Chef
- 24 Oz. (Appx 5) Tomatillos, cleaned and cut in half
- 12 Each Garlic Cloves, unpeeled
- 2 Each (Lg) Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 Each (Lg) Poblano Peppers
- 1 Bunch (Lg) Cilantro
- 1 Each Red Onion, thick sliced
- 2 TBS Oregano
- 2 Cups Reduced Chicken
- 1 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 TBS Salt
METHOD FOR CHILE VERDE SAUCE
- Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Arrange the tomatillos, cut side down,
and unpeeled garlic on the tray. Broil
until lightly blackened. Remove to cool
- Over an open flame, char the jalapeno
and poblano peppers on each side.
While hot, add to a bowl and cover to
steam. When cooled, peel and remove
- Char the red onion over the open flame
on each side and reserve. In a blender,
puree the broiled tomatillos. Peel garlic.
Add to the blender peeled garlic, chiles,
onion and cilantro. Season with salt and
- Add the reduced chicken stock and the
oregano. Blend once more and reserve.
PORK CHOP CHILE VERDE
1 LEFTOVER CHOP - Perry’s Pork Chop,
cut into very large pieces, include the
bones from the ribs if you still have them
1 BATCH - Perry’s Chile Verde Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large heavy pot, add your Leftover
- Cover the leftover pork chop with the
Chile Verde sauce. Bring to a simmer
and cover the pot.
- Place in the oven for 2 hours, until the
meat is falling apart.
- Add more chicken stock, if necessary,
but the goal is to have very tender pork
in the end.
This cooked pork is full of flavor and can
be used in a multitude of ways. Serve it
with red rice alone, use it as a filling for
tacos, enchiladas or tamales.