The Pork Quesadillas are crispy corn tortillas wrapped around Perry’s Famous pork chop that has been enhanced with smoky flavors of Guajillo, roasted vegetables, cilantro and cotija cheese.
Yield: 6 Quesadillas
- 3 lbs. Perry’s Famous Pork Chop leftovers, finely diced
- 1 lb. Mixed roasted vegetables
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (fresh, chopped)
- 1 cup Guajillo salsa, (you can substitute with store bought, such as chipotle or red enchilada sauce).
- 1 tsp. Sea salt/Kosher salt
Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl and reserve for assembly of quesadillas.
- 4 oz. Quesadilla mix per corn tortilla
- 4 oz. Cotija cheese, grated
- 2 oz. Canola oil
- 12 Corn tortillas
- 2 oz. Pico de gallo and a pinch of grated cotija cheese, to garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, to garnish
- 1 ramekin Guajillo sauce (can be substituted with store bought, such as chipotle or red enchilada sauce)
- Place 1 oz. of canola oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Combine 4 oz of warm quesadilla mix with 2 oz of cotija cheese.
- Spread evenly on each tortilla, then place an additional tortilla on top.
- Fry 1 quesadilla in the pan at a time. To keep the tortilla from folding up, place a cold, iron sauté pan on top
- When one side is crisp, take the pan off and flip the quesadilla over with a spatula. Place the iron sauté pan on top again.
- When both sides are crisp, transfer to a cutting board and cut the quesadilla into 4 pieces. Garnish with pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, and cotija cheese. Serve with Guajillo salsa.