A classic recipe incorporating the Perry’s signature pork chop, mushrooms, cognac and crème fraîche served over egg noodles. The ultimate comfort food.
Yield: 4 Main Courses
Ingredients for base sauce:
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Perry’s Famous Pork Chop leftovers (using the eyelash of the chop would be preferred, cut in chunks)
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 small Onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz. Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 oz. Cognac
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef bone broth
- ½ cup Crème fraîche
- ½ cup Parmesan, freshly shredded
- 4 tbsp. Parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles
- Heat olive oil in a pan on high until shimmering. Season the meat with salt and pepper and sear until browned on both sides. Remove to a side plate, keep covered.
- Add 3 tbsp of butter to the same skillet and then add the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the onions begin to brown, stirring frequently, 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, and the remaining butter. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Flame with the cognac then stir in the tomato paste and the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche and continue to simmer until thickened. Add the meat and juices. Heat through.
- Serve over hot buttered egg noodles with parmesan and garnish with parsley.